Aid & Scholarships
Hargrave is committed to an effort to keep education as affordable as possible for each family. By utilizing the School & Student Service (SSS) Financial Aid Application through the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), we do our best to meet families’ needs. Scholarships and Aid are only available for the regular academic year; no scholarships or aid is given for the summer program.
Hargrave only offers financial aid after a young man has gone through the entire admissions process and has been accepted. While we understand that the financial piece can often be one of the first considerations when investigating a school, we want to ensure that we’re selecting the highest quality candidates for admission regardless of a family’s financial resources.
Hargrave Military Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
- Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first-serve basis, and the student must be accepted in order to receive any dollars.
- All students are required to reapply for scholarship consideration annually.
- The awarding of financial aid is confidential.
- To apply for any scholarships, please visit http://www.sssbynais.org
and complete the online application. Enter School Code 2067. If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to contact the SSS Helpline, toll-free, at 866-387-2601.
Athletic Scholarships: High school students are NOT eligible for athletic scholarships.
Families applying for tuition discounts do not need to apply through SSS, but they must alert the Financial Aid and Scholarship Committee of their qualification and provide all necessary documents in order to receive the discount.
Active Duty/Retired Military Discount: Students who's legal guardian is Active Duty or Retired Military may receive up to a $1,000 discount. Proper identification and/or form DD2-14 will be required to receive this discount.
Church Matching Discount: Students who are members of a church willing to provide monetary assistance may receive a matching grant up to $500.
Family Discount: Families that have more than one student attending Hargrave Military Academy will receive a 15% tuition discount for each additional student.
Legacy Discount: Students whose parent or grandparent attended Hargrave Military Academy will receive a 10% tuition discount.
Ministerial Discount: Students of ordained ministers will receive a $500 tuition discount.
Educational loans are an outstanding way of helping offset education-related costs. Unlike the scholarships and discounts listed above, a loan must be repaid as per the guidelines of the individual vendor.
Sallie Mae K-12 Family Education Loan: Hargrave’s school code is 601711. For more information, please visit the following website: https://www.salliemae
Your Tuition Solution: For more information, please visit the following website: https://secure.yourtu
Other Tuition Incentives
Parent Referral Incentive Program: Hargrave offers a tuition discount of $1,000 for each new enrolled boarding student that a current family refers ($500 for each new enrolled day student), provided the referring family stays in good standing with the school. For second semester boarding enrollees, there will be a $500 tuition discount; for second semester day student enrollees there will be a $250 discount.
The process is simple:
- Reach out to friends and family that have a child who meets Hargrave’s standards and would be a positive contributor to the Corps.
- Share your positive experience with the school and encourage the new prospective family to reach out to the Admissions department.
- If the new prospective family chooses to apply, there will be a section on the application regarding a family referral- this section must be filled out to include your name in order to receive credit.
- If the new family elects to enroll their son and they remain in good standing, the tuition discount will be applied to your final payment of the current school year!
Some important items of note:
- The family referral section on the application MUST be completed at the time of submission. No retroactive credits will be awarded.
- Credit will be issued on the final payment of the current school year, and the new student must remain in good standing.
- This is a ONE TIME tuition discount, and will not roll over into future years.
- Immediate family members do not qualify for a credit.
- Saving the best for last: The limit for the number of credits one family can receive is 30, which would result in a $30,000 tuition discount for the current year. Get out there and start spreading the word!