August 17, 2017
August 11, 2017
July 27, 2017
- More News
September 22, 2017
September 30, 2017
October 11, 2017
- More Events
Hargrave International Community - Prepare To Succeed
As a member of our Corps of Cadets, you will be challenged by a rigorous academic program, required to participate in our athletic program and encouraged to contribute to our community in a variety of extracurricular activities.
Hargrave focuses on meeting the specific needs of each individual student. The Academy is a community and a family of instructors, administrators, parents and mentors all working jointly to provide an environment conducive to personal achievement.
As you tour our website, please consider a visit to our beautiful campus. We would love to meet you, provide your family a tour, and show you the continual success of Hargrave Military Academy and its Corps of Cadets.
Hargrave International College Placement
Hargrave has had a 100% acceptance into at least one college or university over the last seven years. Our college placement counselor works with our corps of cadets throughout their career at Hargrave to assist them in finding the right college match.
We do offer on-campus testing for SAT, PSAT and ACT. The TOEFL is administered in the surrounding area as well.
The last few years some of our international Cadets have attended some of the top colleges: Boston University, Catholic University, Drexel University, Michigan State University, Pennsylvania State University, The Citadel, University of Virginia, University of California, Virginia Military Institute, and Virginia Tech.
How to Apply
- Submit an application for admission either online or in paper form. Our school accepts TABS application form.
- TOEFL (School Code 8533) test scores or equivalent will be reviewed on a per applicant basis
- Complete a request for official transcript and school recommendations and submit to your current school. We require recommendations from your current math and English teachers and one from your Principal or guidance counselor.
- Schedule a Skype interview with Jeremy Eubank, International Admissions Counselor, at [email protected] .
Application Deadline and Admission Process
- February 3: Deadline for submitting an application for early action
- March 10: Applicants will be notified of our decision
- After March 10: Our school has a rolling admission policy. Therefore the Admissions Office will review applicants for further consideration as long as the admissions requirements are met by the application.
Independent Military Program
Unlike many U.S. military schools, Hargrave maintains an independent military program. This means Hargrave is NOT affiliated with the U.S. Armed forces or the U.S. Government. Being independent permits Hargrave to provide leadership training geared toward individual development and academic success.
The Application Process for Non-U.S. Residents
A completed application to Hargrave Military Academy sets in motion the formal application process. Once your son is accepted into Hargrave, other determinations can be made, including financial aid. The process is as follows:
Complete the General Application for Admission (Select One Method)
Provide the Application Fee
- $150 application fee for non-U.S. residents and residents living outside the Continental United States
- Pay securily online
- Pay by check (Payable to: Hargrave Military Academy, 200 Miltiary Dr., Chatham, VA 24531; include son's name in memo)
Provide Current Academic Transcripts
Once a completed application and fee is received, the Hargrave Acceptance Committee will review the application and notification will be provided typically within two business days.
CONTACT THE HARGRAVE ADMISSIONS TEAM!
Director of Enrollment Management