April 12, 2017
February 03, 2017
January 26, 2017
- More News
Hargrave Military Academy adheres to three guiding statements, which provide direction on the proper and continued success of the Academy. They are the Mission Statement, the Vision Statement and the school’s Educational Philosophy.
Our educational program focuses on rigorous instruction founded on essential skills and knowledge necessary for collegiate study in the Arts and Sciences. To be effective, the educational process is reinforced by structure, order and discipline and completed in an environment where the worth, potential, and integrity of the individual is promoted in every aspect of school life. Hargrave Military Academy approaches each Cadet holistically, promoting his mental, spiritual, moral, and physical growth to enable sound decisions, establishing personal goals, and becoming a productive citizen. Hargrave’s educational philosophy is anchored in a traditional college preparatory curriculum instilling student responsibility and accountability in learning, developing critical thinking, and inspiring lifelong learning within a diverse Cadet Corps.
- To offer a well-rounded program of college preparatory studies that meets the needs of our students and inspires in them a desire to become lifelong learners.
- To foster an environment that encourages our students to respect and appreciate others with diverse social, economic, gender, racial, ethnic, political and religious backgrounds and beliefs.
- To provide our students with an environment which fosters a sense of well-being, and offers support for those who have personal and academic challenges.
- To promote the health and welfare of every student by providing clean and attractive living conditions; a wholesome, ample diet; and professional medical and nursing services.
- To provide opportunities for the physical development of each student through interscholastic athletic programs, intramural programs, and recreational activities.
- To establish a structured schedule that allows sufficient time for study, athletics, recreation, personal development and rest.
- To maintain a military program that promotes organization, discipline, leadership, decorum, and provides basic military instruction for the Corps of Cadets.
- To provide special emphasis on study skills, discipline, reading and time management.
- To provide challenging and stimulating courses of study for all students.
- To provide testing and guidance services to students, teachers, and parents.
- To support the development and growth of creative abilities through drama, music, publications, religion, ecology and other co-curricular programs.
- To help our students gain self-confidence through recognition of scholastic, athletic and military achievement.
- To provide an atmosphere throughout the school that is conducive to Christian growth.
- To develop an appreciation for and understanding of the American democratic process.
Approved by Hargrave's Board of Trustees February 28, 2015.
CONTACT THE HARGRAVE ADMISSIONS TEAM!
Director of Enrollment Management